H.E.I.D.I.E Wound Assessment Tool
When you work with wound care, you need to have a fixed structure for how to handle it. In our experience, the HEIDIE Wound Assessment Tool provides an excellent workflow.
- History. Take into account the patient’s medical, surgical, pharmacological and social history.
- Examination. Of the patient as a whole, then focus on the wound.
- Investigations. What blood tests, x-rays, scans do you require to help make your diagnosis.
- Diagnosis. Aetiology / pathology.
- Implementation. Implementation of the plan of care.
- Evaluation. Monitor, assess progress and adjust management regimen, refer on or seek advice